What you need to know.
Pertainent Event Information.
We reserve the right to refuse letting a team participate in any of our events.
In the event that there are not enough teams in a particular division, teams who paid will be refunded their money. We reserve the right to cancel this event for any reason and will only be responsible for reimbursement of tournament entry fee. We WILL NOT be responsible for any other cost associtated with a team getting to an event to include hotels, travel, airfare, etc.
All tournament attendees should park
El Paso, TX
Up to 61 days before event -- 75% refund
60 - 41 days before event -- 50% refund
40 - 31 days before event -- 25% refund
30 days and less before event -- No refund
1. Divisions will be broken down by current age. All teams are required to provide current photo ID (School, military, etc) and birth certificate prior to their first game.
2. Divisions will be broken down in the following manner.
- 9U/10U: An athlete can be no older than 10 on or before August 31, 2019.
- 11U/12U: An athlete can be no older than 12 on or before August 31, 2019.
- 13U/14U: An athlete can be no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2019.
- 16U: An athlete can be no older than 16 on or before August 31, 2019.
- 18U: An athlete can be no older than 18 on or before August 31, 2019.
1. Pool play followed by single elimination tournament. Number of pool games will vary depending on the number of teams in each pool.
2. A player may play for only ONE team during tournament play.
3. Girls cannot play on boys teams and boys cannot play on girls teams.
4. Players cannot wear jewelry of any kind during games, even if it is taped and/or covered up.
5. Players cannot switch teams after the coaches meeting.
6. Mandatory coaches meeting will be on the evening of the Wednesday prior to the start of the tournament. This event will take place via video teleconference from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. There will be an onsite coaches reception the Friday evening of each event at one of the host hotels.
7. We reserve the right to refuse a team’s entry into our events.
8. Scorekeepers and table personnel – provided by event staff.
9. Coaches – TWO (2) coaches per team are allowed into the game free, but more than two may coach.
10. Admission – Each team will be allowed a total of two (2) free admissions into the games (2 coaches). Friday: $5 ($3 students 10yrs old and younger); Saturday: $5 ($3 students 10yrs old and younger); and Sunday: $5 ($3 students 10yrs old and younger). Children 2 and younger FREE. PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS!
11. Teams are required to provide proof of age (birth certificated) for each player on their team in the event of a player protest. If the protest is upheld, THE TEAM will forfeit all games played and be removed from the event.
Rules of play: Current year High School Rules will be played, with the following exceptions.
1. No shot clock.
.2. Boys 9U-12U and all girls divisions will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”). Boys 13U and above divisons will use the men’s size basketball (29.5”).
3. Quarters: (Running Clock except for the last 2 mins of each quarter)
- 9U-12U: 7 min quarters, 3 min halftime
- 13U/14U and above: 8 min quarters, 4 min halftime
- 16U and above: 10 min quarters, 4 min halftime
4. Overtime: 4 min overtime
5. Technical or Intentional fouls:
- 2-points awarded and ball out of bounds except for the last two minutes of each quarter in which case free throws will be shot.
- One technical foul on a coach or fan and he/she is ejected from the gym.
- One technical on a player, the player sits on the bench for the remainder of the game.
- Officials and Gym Administrators have the right to eject a fan, player or coach. Coaches and fans must leave the entire gym.
- Two technical fouls in the tournament on a player, coach, or a fan, they are removed completely from the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Forfeit time – Game time plus 5 minutes. Officials MAY run a shortened game two (2) 12 minute halves). You must start the game with 5 players.
7. Time Outs – Each team will have 2 full time outs per half (2 in the first half and 2 in the second half) and if needed 1 additional time out for overtime. Time outs do not carry over.
1. Any spectators making demonstrative actions to other spectators, players, coaches, referees, or event staff will be removed from the facility and no refund will be provided.
2. In the event that the event staff deems the spectators to roudy, all spectators will be removed from the gym and no refund will be provided. Teams will be allowed to complete play to determine a winner minus the spectators.
BLOOD RULES: If and when an official observes that a player is bleeding, has an open wound, or has an excessive amount of blood on his or her uniform, the player will be directed to leave the game. The injured player is not to return until the bleeding has stopped, the open wound is covered, and excessively bloody uniform is changed.
PROTEST: Protest must be made verbally with the tournament Official by the offended team at the time of play. Protest can not be made on the bases of rules interpretation by the officials. A fee of $50 cash (refunded if upheld) must accompany the protest. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final.
OVERTIME: The period will start with the use of a jumpball to determine possession. After a 2-minute break, teams will have the allocated time for their division in overtime to determine the winner. In pool play, following the conclusion of the first overtime if there is a tie, the game will be scored as a tie in the wins and losses. During the single elimination portion of the tournament, subsequent overtimes will be used until a winner is determined.
20 - 23 March 2020
El Paso, TX