Basketball Event Information
Information on this page is the most recent info about events.
We reserve the right to refuse letting a team participate in any of our events.
In the event that there are not enough teams in a particular division, teams who paid will be refunded the full cost for team registration into the event. We reserve the right to cancel this event for any reason and will only be responsible for reimbursement of tournament entry fee. We WILL NOT be responsible for any other cost associtated with a team getting to an event to include hotels, travel, airfare, etc.
Withdrawal Refund Policy:
Withdrawal 30+ days from the event start date there will be a 100% refund
Withdrawal 16 - 30 days from the start of the event date, there will be a 50% refund
There will be no refunds for withdrawals 15-days prior to the start of the event date.
1st and 2nd place finishers in each age division that fills will receive both a team and individual player awards.
1. Divisions will be broken down by current grade and age. Teams are required to provide current school registration / report cards, current photo ID (School, military, etc), and birth certificate prior to their first game.
2. Divisions will be broken down in the following manner:
- 5th Grade and be no older than 11 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 6th grader to play down, they can be no older than 11 on 1 August 2020
- 6th Grade and be no older than 12 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 7th grader to play down, they can be no older than 12 on 1 August 2020
- 7th Grade and be no older than 13 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 8th grader to play down, they can be no older than 13 on 1 August 2020
- 8th Grade and be no older than 14 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 9th grader to play down, they can be no older than 14 on 1 August 2020
- 9th Grade and be no older than 15 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 10th grader to play down, they can be no older than 15 on 1 August 2020
- 10th Grade and be no older than 16 on or before August 1, 2020. In order of a 11th grader to play down, they can be no older than 16 on 1 August 2020
- 11th Grade and be no older than 17 on or before August 1, 2020.
- 12th Grade and be no older than 19 on or before August 1, 2020.
1. Pool play followed by single elimination tournament. Number of pool games will vary depending on the number of teams in each pool.
2. A player may play for only ONE team during tournament play.
3. Girls cannot play on boys teams and boys cannot play on girls teams.
4. Players cannot wear jewelry of any kind during games, even if it is taped and/or covered up.
5. Players cannot switch teams after the coaches meeting.
6. Mandatory coaches meeting will be on the evening of the Wednesday prior to the start of the tournament. This event will take place via video teleconference from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. There will be an onsite coaches reception the Friday evening of each event at one of the host hotels.
7. We reserve the right to refuse a team’s entry into our events.
8. Scorekeepers and table personnel – provided by event staff.
9. Coaches – TWO (2) coaches per team are allowed into the game free, but more than two may coach.
10. Admission – Each team will be allowed a total of two (2) free admissions into the games (2 coaches). Friday through Sunday: $5 per day for adults and $2 per day for children 8-yrs old and younger per day). PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS!
11. Teams are required to provide proof of grade (most recent report card) and age (birth certificated) for each player on their team prior to the start of their 1st game of the tournament.
Rules of play: Current year High School Rules will be played, with the following exceptions.
1. No shot clock.
2. Boys 5th and 6th grade and girls 5th through 12th grades will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”). Boys 7th through 12th grades will use the men’s size basketball (29.5”).
3. Quarters: (Running Clock except for the last 2 mins of each quarter)
- 5th through 6th grades: 7 minute quarters, 3 min halftime
- 7th through 8th grades: 8 minute quarters, 4 min halftime
- 9th through 12th grades, 10 minute quarters, 4 min halftime
4. Overtime: 4 min overtime
5. Technical or Intentional fouls:
- 2-points awarded and ball out of bounds except for the last two minutes of each quarter in which case free throws will be shot.
- One technical foul on a coach or fan and he/she is ejected from the gym.
- One technical on a player, the player sits on the bench for the remainder of the game.
- Officials and Gym Administrators have the right to eject a fan, player or coach. Coaches and fans must leave the entire gym.
- Two technical fouls in the tournament on a player, coach, or a fan, they are removed completely from the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Forfeit time – Game time plus 5 minutes. Officials MAY run a shortened game two (2) 12 minute halves). You must start the game with 5 players.
7. Time Outs – Each time will have 2 full time outs per half (2 in the first half and 2 in the second half). Time outs do not carry over.
If and when an official observes that a player is bleeding, has an open wound, or has an excessive amount of blood on his or her uniform, the player will be directed to leave the game. The injured player is not to return until the bleeding has stopped, the open wound is covered, and excessively bloody uniform is changed.
Protest must be made verbally with the tournament Official by the offended team at the time of play. Protest can not be made on the bases of rules interpretation by the officials. A fee of $50 cash (refunded if upheld) must accompany the protest. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final.
The period will start with the use of a jumpball to determine possession. After a 2-minute break, teams will have the allocated time for their division in overtime to determine the winner. In pool play, following the conclusion of the first overtime if there is a tie, the game will be scored as a tie in the wins and losses. During the single elimination portion of the tournament, subsequent overtimes will be used until a winner is determined.
Showcase events designed for competition. Only the best player here!