What you need to know.
Pertainent Event Information.
We reserve the right to refuse letting a team participate in any of our events.
In the event that there are not enough teams in a particular division, teams who paid will be refunded their money. We reserve the right to cancel this event for any reason and will only be responsible for reimbursement of tournament entry fee. We WILL NOT be responsible for any other cost associtated with a team getting to an event to include hotels, travel, airfare, etc.
All tournament attendees:
- Enter the north gate of campus by taking a right from the north or a left from the south. Follow the campus road until it takes you into a large parking lot behind Gibson Center/Tawes Theatre. Find parking and continue along the campus road on foot until you reach Cain Athletic Center, the second building on your right. Additional parking near Cain Athletic Center is located on the other side of the building.
Cain Athletics Center
Up to 61 days before event -- 75% refund
60 - 41 days before event -- 50% refund
40 - 31 days before event -- 25% refund
30 days and less before event -- No refund
1. Divisions will be broken down by current age. All teams are required to provide current photo ID (School, military, etc) and birth certificate prior to their first game.
2. Divisions will be broken down in the following manner.
- 9U: An athlete can be no older than 9 on or before August 31, 2020.
- 11U: An athlete can be no older than 11 on or before August 31, 2020.
- 13U: An athlete can be no older than 13 on or before August 31, 2020.
- 15U: An athlete can be no older than 15 on or before August 31, 2020.
- 17U: An athlete can be no older than 17 on or before August 31, 2020.
1. Pool play followed by single elimination tournament. Number of pool games will vary depending on the number of teams in each pool.
2. A player may play for only ONE team during tournament play.
3. Girls cannot play on boys teams and boys cannot play on girls teams.
4. Players cannot wear jewelry of any kind during games, even if it is taped and/or covered up.
5. Players cannot switch teams after the coaches meeting.
6. Mandatory coaches meeting will be on the evening of 5 June 2020 prior to the start of the tournament.
8. Scorekeepers and table personnel – provided by event staff.
9. Coaches – TWO (2) coaches per team are allowed into the game free, but more than two may coach.
10. Admission – Each team will be allowed a total of two (2) free admissions into the games (2 coaches). Saturday: $7 ($3 students 10yrs old and younger); and Sunday: $7 ($3 students 10yrs old and younger). Children 2 and younger FREE. PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS!
11. Teams are required to provide proof of age (birth certificated) for each player on their team in the event of a player protest. If the protest is upheld, THE TEAM will forfeit all games played and be removed from the event.
Rules of play: Current year High School Rules will be played, with the following exceptions.
1. 15U and above divisions will play by NCAA rules and will use the NCAA shot clock.
2. All divisions will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”).
3. Quarters: (Running Clock except for the last 2 mins of each quarter)
- 9U-11U: 8 min quarters, 3 min halftime
- 13U: 10 mim quarters, 4 min halftime
- 15U and above: 12 min quarters, 4 min halftime
4. Overtime: 4 min overtime
5. Technical or Intentional fouls:
- One technical foul on a coach or fan and he/she is ejected from the gym.
- One technical on a player, the player sits on the bench for the remainder of the game.
- Officials and Gym Administrators have the right to eject a fan, player or coach. Coaches and fans must leave the entire gym.
- Two technical fouls in the tournament on a player, coach, or a fan, they are removed completely from the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Forfeit time – Game time plus 5 minutes. Officials MAY run a shortened game two (2) 12 minute halves). You must start the game with 5 players.
7. Time Outs – Each team will have 2 full time outs per half (2 in the first half and 2 in the second half) and if needed 1 additional time out for overtime. Time outs do not carry over.
1. Any spectators making demonstrative actions to other spectators, players, coaches, referees, or event staff will be removed from the facility and no refund will be provided.
2. In the event that the event staff deems the spectators to roudy, all spectators will be removed from the gym and no refund will be provided. Teams will be allowed to complete play to determine a winner minus the spectators.
BLOOD RULES: If and when an official observes that a player is bleeding, has an open wound, or has an excessive amount of blood on his or her uniform, the player will be directed to leave the game. The injured player is not to return until the bleeding has stopped, the open wound is covered, and excessively bloody uniform is changed.
PROTEST: There will be no protest based on participants age. All players will be required to present a birth certificate and ID in order to verify their age and identity. Acceptible forms of identification include:
- School issued photo ID with students name clearly identifiable
- State issued photo ID (ID Card, Drivers' License, etc.)
- Military Dependent ID Card
OVERTIME: The period will start with the use of a jumpball to determine possession. After a 2-minute break, teams will have the allocated time for their division in overtime to determine the winner. In pool play, following the conclusion of the first overtime if there is a tie, the game will be scored as a tie in the wins and losses. During the single elimination portion of the tournament, subsequent overtimes will be used until a winner is determined.
6 - 7 June 2020